STEP (Safety Training Evaluation Process)
STEP – Merit based safety recognition for the merit shop!
Established in 1989 by the ABC National Environment, Health & Safety (EH&S) Committee, the Safety Training Evaluation Process (STEP) program was developed and written by contractors, for contractors. There is no charge for this service (unless you are applying for STEP Diamond or Platinum, or submitting via the paper application), and your responses are strictly confidential.
ABC Florida East Coast Chapter 2017 STEP Award Recipients!
- Hensel Phelps
- Hoar Construction, LLC
- RUSH Construction, Inc.
- Suffolk Construction Co., Inc.
- Amicon Construction Services
- Balfour Beatty Construction
- DPR Construction
- Gerrits Construction, Inc.
- Grunau Company, Inc.
- Hypower, Inc.
- Stiles Construction
- Woodland Tilt-Up
- Coastal Masonry, Inc.
- David Allen Company, Inc.
- Lebolo Construction Management, Inc.
- Lotspeich Co. of Florida, Inc.
- Sprinklermatic Automatic Fire Sprinklers, Inc.
- Thornton Construction Company, Inc.
- Tradesmen International
- Tri-City Electrical Contractors, Inc.
- William R. Nash, Inc.
- Astaldi Construction Corporation
- Boys Electrical Contractors, LLC
- JGR Construction, Inc.
- Miguel Lopez Jr., Inc.
- Moraca Builders, Inc.
- Premier Stoneworks, LLC
- The Redland Co., Inc.
- Van Kirk & Sons, Inc.
Safety is a Core Value – With STEP, You Can Build Upon It!
- Organized approach for analyzing and developing safety and loss prevention programs
- The Key Component system forms a 20-point guide to starting, updating or auditing a company-wide safety program
- Incorporates lagging indicator safety performance data with leading indicator use and self-assessment requirements to give a full, wide ranging report on the entire nature of a company’s Safety Program
- Designed to benefit both large and small contractors alike
- Recognition for ABC members at both National and Chapter level, with various recognition events held throughout the year
- Gateway to Accredited Quality Contractor recognition
- STEP Diamond and Platinum recipients eligible for ABC National Safety Excellence Award and Construction Users Roundtable (CURT) – CISE award
- 2013 STEP data shows STEP participants beat BLS national averages in all lagging indicator performance metrics, leading to participant benefits in the pre-bid/bid process and when negotiating insurance rates.