Continues from leadership 1 with “expected leadership behavior today”; communication skills (including case study workshop); employee motivation and accountability; team building; typical problem solving.
Upon completion of this Section, you will be able to:
• Describe the role of the crew leader.
• List the characteristics of effective leaders.
• Be able to discuss the importance of ethics in a supervisor’s role.
• Identify the three styles of leadership.
• Describe the forms of communication.
• Describe the four parts of verbal communication.
• Describe the importance of active listening.
• Explain how to overcome the barriers to communication.
• List ways that leaders can motivate their employees.
• Explain the importance of delegating and implementing policies and procedures.
• Distinguish between problem solving and decision making.