Fundamentals of Crew Leadership
While this module has been designed to assist the recently promoted crew leader, it is beneficial for anyone in management. The course covers basic leadership skills and explains different leadership styles, communication, delegating, and problem solving. Job-site safety and the crew leader’s role in safety are also discussed. This edition goes into detail on project planning, scheduling, and estimating with new performance tasks to assist the learning process.
Upon completion of this Section, you will be able to:
• Describe the opportunities in the construction and power industries.
• Describe how workers’ values change over time.
• Explain the importance of training and safety for the leaders in the construction and power industries.
• Describe how new technologies are beneficial to the construction and power industries.
• Identify the gender and minority issues associated with a changing workforce.
• Describe what employers can do to prevent workplace discrimination.
• Differentiate between formal and informal organizations.
• Describe the difference between authority, responsibility, and accountability.
• Explain the purpose of job descriptions and what they should include.
• Distinguish between company policies and procedures.